We’ll supply and fit your suspended ceiling on time, and to budget.
(We’ll also keep a clean and tidy site and take away all our rubbish.)
We work directly with end users and as a specialist sub-contractor.
Our usual installations range from only a few square metres, up to our largest to date of over 1000m2.
Ceilings from the key brands all installed by our experienced ceiling fixers. We hold all necessary insurances and are fully up to speed with our H+S responsibilities.
Review by Mark from CleanMy.bizWe installed a new office suspended ceiling, complete with insulation, for CleanMy.biz in their Rotherwas office.Suspended Ceiling InstallationWritten by: Mark WilliamsDate Published: 09/04/2014Just to say your lads just finished the new suspended ceiling. They are two very nice guys and were really polite from the outset. They did the job with little or no disturbance to my company and worked around our sales girls (and guys) with great consideration. The end product looks superb and we are delighted. I have thanked the two lads but feel free to pass my comments on. Many thanks for a great job done Nick5 / 5 stars
We work in a wide range of locations:
There aren’t many places that we haven’t installed a ceiling! Some examples of where we’ve worked include: offices, shops, schools, industrial units, gyms, nightclubs, army bases, leisure centres, post offices, changing rooms – it’s unlikely we won’t have covered your requirement before.
With customers in both the private and public sector:
We are a local authority approved contractor, and a preferred sub-contractor for many of our customers. We are equally at home installing a new office ceiling for a local business or school as we are on a local authority or military or constabulary site (locations that can require background checks and work passes).
Ceilings from budget to performance:
We can help you with the supply and fit of a simple budget ceiling to cover up an unsightly soffit, or we can replace an old tired ceiling. We can also carry out ceiling repairs, or simply a tile change.
However, perhaps you have a more specific requirement? We can also help you with a fire rated ceiling, an acoustic ceiling to help with bad acoustics, or an architect or contractor specified ceiling from a specific manufacturer.
Covering a wide range of systems and solutions:
Lay in grid ceilings
MF plasterboard ceilings
Metal pan ceilings
We know and follow the manufacturers guidelines for the installation of all of our ceiling system installations to ensure they’re installed according to best practices.
Feature ceilings or specialist rafts:
We can form and install feature ceilings or rafts, which can incorporate lighting, or speakers, or help with room acoustics. We can also offer impartial advice and guidance to you on the best system to install for your requirements.
All installed according to the manufacturers guidelines:
Over the years we’ve installed ceilings by pretty much every major manufacturer; Armstrong, Rockfon, Ecophon, AMF, Treetex, SAS, Burgess and British Gypsum for example.
We also work closely with electrical and mechanical companies so can easily accommodate any requirements for these services as well.
Where do we work?
We predominantly install suspended ceilings throughout the West Midlands and Herefordshire’s surrounding areas, for example Hereford, Worcester, Malvern, Ledbury, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Tewkesbury, Ross-on-Wye, Monmouth, , Evesham, Cirencester, Stourport and Ludlow. A map showing our approximate travelling distance for a suspended ceiling (or ceilings) can be found here but please contact us if you are near this area and we will happily let you know if we cover and install ceilings in your area.
A brief overview of Bolts:
We have been involved in the suspended ceiling trade in the UK for nearly 30 years now and during this time we have installed a huge variety of systems; most commonly lay-in grid and MF, but also metal.
We’ve worked with and installed ceilings from nearly every major manufacturer; Armstrong, Rockfon, Ecophon, Treetex, AMF, SAS, British Gypsum, Burgess, and OWA.
We have worked in a very wide range of locations, for example; acoustic ceilings in schools, to fire rated ceilings in industrial units, via office ceilings in military bases and shop unit ceilings.
- We have built a strong reputation for high quality work, completed on time, within budget and aim to leave our clients happy and impressed with every contract that we complete.
- Our operatives are skilled, competent and used to working in a wide range of environments, all are also experienced in how to leave our work neat and tidy.
- We hold all required insurances and provide Risk Assessments and Method Statements for our work.
- We are a SafeContractor accredited company.
Lay In Grid
Lay In Grid Suspended Ceilings..
Lay-in grid suspended ceilings are constructed from various different components to most commonly form a modular grid at either 600mm x 600mm or 1200mm x 600mm centres.
Suspended ceilings are idea for concealing pipe or ductwork, electrical services or unsightly soffits and can incorporate many different styles of light fitting.
Some benefits of installing a suspended ceiling can be:
- With high light reflectance properties a ceiling will help light an area.
- Reducing the area that needs heating or cooling by having a lower ceiling.
- We can offer exposed, semi-concealed or concealed grid systems. Exposed grids are most widely used, with either a 15mm or 24mm width grid, and either a square or rebated edged detail.
The choice of ceiling is usually set by the situation in which they are to be used. Our installation fitters are all highly skilled and experienced in the installation of suspended ceilings and any techniques that are needed in order for a ceiling to reach specific requirements.
Some of the more widely requested requirements can be to:
- Offer fire protection – If so, for how long. Different standards and length of protection can be reached depending upon the ceiling components and its construction.
- Offer acoustic properties – A correct choice of tile will allow a room to function correctly. For example, a meeting room will require a slightly different tile to an open plan office area, as they will be dealing with different levels and types of sound.
- Be suitable for a humid environment – Tiles installed into a toilet or changing area will need to cope with the increased levels of humidity in the air, so that they won’t ‘sag’ in the grid.
- Offer hygienic properties – Rooms requiring high levels of hygiene such as kitchens or laboratories, can have hygienic ceilings specified. These are tiles and grids that resist bio-contamination and are easily cleanable.
- Have a specific edge detail – Ceiling tiles are commonly available with either a square edge, which sit in the gird, or a microlook or tegular edge, which are rebated edges to the tiles that mean they sit ‘through’ the grid and hang slightly below the level line of the grid.
MF Plasterboard Ceilings
MF Plasterboard Ceilings..
These are non load bearing ceilings that are constructed from a metal framed system, to which plasterboard is then fixed, and then taped and filled, or skimmed, to give a monolithic appearance. The finished ceiling surface can be painted, vinyled or wallpapered.
A few properties that MF can achieve are:
- The MF system is very versatile in the shapes that it can create. It can incorporate curves, rafts, changes in level and lighting to fulfill almost any aesthetic requirement.
- MF can offer very high acoustic properties; it can be constructed with a Soundbloc board and insulated for soundproofing an area. Specialist boards from the British Gypsum Gyptone and Rigitone range offer incredibly high acoustic performance. These specialist boards are manufactured with specially designed holes, or patterns, which convert the sound energy into heat which then dissipates, reducing ehco and sound.
MF can offer high fire resistance properties – it was be fitted with Fireline plasterboards to create a fire rating of up to 120 minutes in certain situations and with specific components
If access to the plenum is required after the MF is installed then access hatches can be incorporated into the MF. These access hatches come in a range of styles; ready to either receive a skim finish to match a ceiling, a reduced border and touch opening.
Contact us today for a quote or some further information
Please visit our contact page for further information on how to contact us, or alternatively please visit our services page to find out more information on the full range of services that we can provide.